Saturday, August 14, 2010

Third time's the charm!

I was watching good old Rachel Ray make an egg cake with veggies and ricotta cheese. Well I was starving and decided to make a little omelet version for me.
Went to the refrigerator and found ricotta cheese...it went bad, had to toss it :( No veggies either...
Now what? Is the Marscapone cheese still good? YES! Unfortunately it was frozen and when I defrosted it in the microwave it became separated...needless to say I tossed that too!
Now what to do....Cream cheese? let's see if it'll work...

I now would like to present to you my new invention:

Cream Cheese Egg Roll Up

scramble 2 large eggs
heat pan with little butter & olive oil
Pour into 10 inch non-stick frying pan
season with salt, pepper and dill
Flip to make open egg omelet, then set aside

2 TBS cream cheese put in pan to heat up, it will brown a little but this creates even more richness and a great depth of flavor!
Cream with dill and a dash of garlic salt. Add milk for a creamier consistency.
Spread evenly over omelet and roll up. Enjoy!
Add salsa over top for a little Spanish flare!

I would've taken a better picture but I devoured it already :D
BTW: My little chef was my 18 month old who gave me all the condiments out of the fridge even though I didn't need them :) Love you Zander :D

No comments:

Post a Comment