Friday, August 13, 2010

Kitchen Aid or Kitchen Maid!

I love my Kitchen Aid appliances! The most recent splurge was a food processor. I waited for my monthly 20% off coupon at BB&B! It was the 7 cup capacity for only $99...$79 after my coupon! Yes, awesome deal!
Kallie was helping me prepare the meals for the camping trip with her Dad, brothers & cousins.

TINFOIL DINNERS
per serving
1 potato
1/2 large carrot
few onion slices (hide them in there, the kids won't even notice they cook down so much!)
1/2 can of Cream of Mushroom
protein of some kind, we used turkey cuz it was cheaper than chicken that day
garlic salt, pepper, and dill

We sliced 4 potatoes and 2 carrots and it made portions for SIX people!
The slices were so fast and consistent we were all done in less than 5 minutes.
Another 5 to assemble.

On a large piece of heavy duty tinfoil place a bedding of veggies evenly ( add sliced mushrooms for adults)
Be sure to seperate slices for even cooking!
add seasonings generously
Add 1/2 can of cream of mushroom soup
(for our 3 yr old who has dairy allergies we substituted this with 1/4 cup butter
yes I know it's a lot...I'll let ya know how it turned out when they get back!)
Place meat on top.
(we added a slice of bacon because turkey has low fat content and it needs
moisture so it won't burn on the fire.)
Cook over hot coals while camping OR
I made two extra portions for myself and baked at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes
(If you want to lessen cooking time, par-boil the veggies for 5 minutes before slicing)

Make big portions because the vegetables will cook down to about 1/2 the portion size.
I love my food processor, I'll never shred or slice by hand again!

No comments:

Post a Comment