Thursday, August 5, 2010

Breakfast for Dinner... Family Favorite!

I grew up eating crepes and I love them! I saw a recipe on GTU for the Village Inn crepes and send my 11 yr old daughter to the store for a few things. Funny thing happened: The most random hail storm started after she left. Her friend and her decided to wait it out in the library! hehe
I made the strawberry sauce and it was yucky, tasted just like mushy strawberries and lemon juice. Yuck!
The cream filling was DELICIOUS!

Sweet supreme filling:

1 lb. softened cream cheese
4 oz sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 cup heavy whipping cream

I changed it up a little and chopped my strawberries into small dices and added a spoonful of sugar and let them macerate. I added them to the cream filling...it became 10 times better!
 
The actual crepe recipe was interesting...
For the crepes:

2 eggs
1¼ cup milk
1 cup flour
2 tbsp powdered sugar
3 tbsp melted butter
Next time I would add a tsp of salt to bring out the flavors...they were a little bland. Also it said to refrigerate to let air bubbles out, but I would actually mix it in the blender to add more (makes them fluffy) and leave it at room temperature because when the batter is cold the batter sweats when cooking and doesn't create air bubbles like a pancake and it's harder to know when they are browned.
The BlendTec recipe for crepes is delicious too!

No comments:

Post a Comment