Friday, April 1, 2011

Basil Dill Veggie Dip

Have you even been to the Holy Cow Boutique and bought the delicious dips for over $8 each?
Well, I finally figured out my favorite one! :D
I modified it a little to add the basil essential oil. It gives it a little kick.


8 oz sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp dill, dried
1 tsp chopped onions, dried
1/2 tsp celery salt
1/2 tsp parsley flakes, dried
1 or 2 drops CPTG doTERRA Basil essential oil

This oil is very aromatic and it is easily recognizable!

Mix all ingredients and refrigerate to let flavors meld together...at least 1 hour.
Best if left to chill overnight.
Enjoy! Eat with veggies, chips or pretzels.

You can also substitute basil oil for 5-6 drops of CPTG doterra lemon essential oil.
This one is my personal favorite, because it maintains the dill flavor too! Delicious!!

For you health conscious nuts you could probably substitute the mayo for like a greek yogurt or something! ;) wink!
But in my personal opinion you sacrifice flavor for less calories...if it works for you without compromising taste, I'd like to try it...send me the recipe! doterrabaker@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment